How to Open Secure E-mail from SMS
E-mails from SMS that contain sensitive information—such as social security numbers, account numbers or member IDs—will be encrypted. This means, instead of being sent directly to your inbox through open e-mail channels, the information goes to a secure portal where a username and password will be required to access it.
When you receive a secure email from SMS, follow these instructions:
1. You will receive an e-mail in your inbox with the subject line "zix secure."
2. Open the e-mail and locate the link to the SMS Portal.
3. If you are a first-time user, you will need to create an account—Simply enter your e-mail, a password and a password reminder
4. A notification e-mail will be sent to you. Activate your secure account using the link contained in the e-mail.
5. The link will take you back to the portal site where you need to enter your e-mail address and the password you just created. Your secure e-mail box will open immediately.