- Home Page
- » SMS Medicare Solutions Department
- » Medicare Advantage
- » Get certified to sell all major Medicare Advantage plans!
- » UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Advantage Certification Requirements
UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Advantage Certification Requirements
What are you waiting for…certify today for the 2015 plan year!
In order to take any of certification modules, your computer needs the following requirements:
- Internet Explorer version 7.x or 8.x
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Acrobat reader version 6 or higher
- Marcomedia Flash Player 9 or higher
*Modules are not compatible with mobile technology such as smart phones or tablets.
Agents must complete all prerequisites and product modules and pass with a score of 85% or higher within 3 attempts.
- Medicare Basics
- Ethics and Compliance Module
- AARP® 101
Product modules include:
- Medicare Advantage Plans (HMO, POS, PPO)
- Private Fee-for-Service Plans (PFFS)
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plans
- SecureHorizons Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- Chronic Illness Special Needs Plans (CSNP)
- Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP)
- Institutional Special Needs Plans (ISNP)
- Institutional-Equivalent Special Needs Plans (IESNP)
- Senior Care Options
NOTE: If you choose to certify via AHIP, you need to transmit the 2015 AHIP certification BEFORE any other 2015 modules have been started. Failure to do so will result in an AHIP score rejection.
AHIP certification will be available June 24. UHC will accept AHIP certification or recertification in place of 2015 Medicare Basics, 2015 Medicare Advantage Plans and 2015 Medicare Prescription Drug Plans certification.
NOTE: AHIP allows users more than three attempts to receive a passing score. However, UnitedHealthcare will only accept AHIP credit if you obtain a passing score in three or less attempts. If you do not pass in three attempts, you will not be able to contract with UHC until next year.
If you take AHIP directly through the AHIP website: You will need to return to the Learning Center on the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal after the certifications have launched on July 1 or after to transfer credits to UnitedHealthcare for the 2015 certification year. In addition, those that certify with AHIP will need to complete additional prerequisites (2015 Ethics & Compliance and 2015 AARP 101) to become fully certified to sell with UnitedHealthcareBeginning June 24, you can take AHIP certification directly through the AHIP website.
NOTE: If you access the Learning Center on or after July 1, you will be eligible for a $50 discount on AHIP courses offered by UnitedHealthcare. This discount will be automatically applied upon payment.
NOTE: Any agent conducting an education or marketing/sales event during the 2015 selling season (i.e. October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015) must take the 2015 Events Basics module and pass the test with a score of 85% or better within three attempts. Events Basics is required prior to reporting and conducting any event.